Guide for Authors
ISSN 2588-2732 (Online) - ISSN 2538-2756 (Print)
Guide for Authors
The scientific quarterly journal of “Journal of Industrial Strategic Management” is a publication of Islamic Azad University Firoozkooh branch that has been approved to be published for issuing scientific management related articles. It will accept original papers, in field of "Operations Management, Business Strategy, Optimization, Organizations and Decision Analysis" in Iran and other researches.
Conflict of interest
All authors are asked to reveal any potential conflict of interest with other people or organizations within few years of beginning the submitted work that could inappropriately influence their work.
Submission declaration, ethics and malpractice statement
- The submitted work should not have been published previously somewhere else.
- The authors do not have the permission to submit their work to two or more places, simultaneously.
- The papers should not have been published in any other languages before.
- We are serious about any form of copyright violation, any paper submitted to our journal does not have to have similarity index of over 15 percent with other published documents.
- The paper must have significant contribution and the authors may be requested to state the contribution of the paper in separate sheet on the time of submission.
- Please note we are serious about illegal actions such as copyright violation, for more
information please read Growing Science Policy on Article Withdrawal for more information
Checking for plagiarism
In Growing Science, our team always do their best and try to use different search engines to make sure the content of the papers submitted are original and facilities such as dustball, helps us detect any possible violation of copyright. We also normally check the existing works on different databases to make sure the work was not published with other scientists. This is accomplished using title and keywords of the submitted papers.
Digital archiving policy
In Growing Science, we do our best to provide high quality meta data for digital archiving purposes. All our article maintain good metadata and they are captured by Google Scholar search engine and they are also arranged in terms of topics. in our website, all papers are available in the forms of PDF and readers can easily download and read the content of papers.
The authors are normally asked to complete an agreement to transfer all the rights to Growing Science when they submit their work.
Language and language services
The paper must be written in formal English language. Please avoid any slang or unethical terms that could offend a second party.
Please prepare your final draft in Microsoft Word format and email it to the editor along with your attached paper, provide the correspondence’s information. The text must be in two-column format.
In order to submit your contribution, we kindly ask you to pay attention to the following instructions. Your paper must comply with the following format:
1) Title: Informative. Titles must be used in information-retrieval systems. Prevent abbreviations and formulae where possible.
2) Name and address of author(s): Where the family name may be vauge (e.g., a double name), please indicate this clearly. Present the authors' affiliation addresses below the names.
• Corresponding author: Clearly indicate who is handling correspondence at all stages of refereeing and publication, also post-publication. Make sure that telephone and fax numbers are provided in addition to the e-mail address and the complete postal address.
3) Abstract: The abstract must state briefly the aim of the research, the basic principal results and major conclusions.
4) Keywords: Right after the abstract, provide a maximum of 6 keywords.
5) Subdivision - numbered sections: Divide your article into clearly defined and numbered sections. Subsections must be numbered 1.1 (then 1.1.1, 1.1.2, ...), 1.2, etc. but note that the abstract is not included in section numbering.
5) Introduction: In the introduction part, authors must carefully review the literature and provide the reason as to why we need to do this research. Authors must also clearly state the novelty of the paper in this part and specify the differences between this work and previously published works.
The main work done by author(s)
6) Material and methods: Provide comprehensive details to allow the paper to be reproduced. Methods already published need to be indicated by a reference: only relevant modifications must be described.
7)Results : Results need to be completely clear. If the author(s) proposes a new method against the other existing method, a fair comparison between the new results and the old ones would be useful.
8)Discussion: This part must explain the significance of the results of the work. Prevent extensive citations and discussion of published literature.
9)Conclusions: The main conclusions of the work may be presented in a short Conclusions section.
10) Appendices: If the work contains more than one appendix, identify them as A, B, etc. Formulae and equations in appendices must be given separate numbering: Eq. (A.1), Eq. (A.2), etc.; in a subsequent appendix, Eq. (B.1) and so on.
Essential title page information
put acknowledgements in a separate section at the end of the article before the references.
Please insert all your equations in tables with one columns. On the left hand side of the table, insert the equation and on the right hand side insert the number. Finally, make the whole table invisible.
Number them consecutively throughout the article, using superscript Arabic numbers. Roman font: size 10 for the abstract and keywords and size 12 for the main text. Figures and tables are requested to appear in different pages. Otherwise it is required that the figures or tables come at the top or the bottom of the same page. Tables and figures must be numbered in above and bottom respectively.
Indicate each footnote in a table with a superscript lowercase letter.
Please use only Times Romon fonts, prepare the images in good quality, provide captions for all tables, pictures, etc.
Number tables consecutively in accordance with their appearance in the text.
* Important notice
The citation is according to APA style and authors are encouraged to use Google Scholar. Authors may copy and past the title of each reference inside Google search box and once finds it click on Cite and choose the middle option, APA.
Citation in text
Please make sure that all references cited in the text are also presented in the reference list. Please use only indexed papers, books, etc. in your paper. In our opinion, a good quality paper must have, at least, 15-20 references from indexed journals.
Text: All citations in the text need to refer to:
1. Single author: the author's name (without initials, unless there is ambiguity) and the year of publication;
2. Two authors: both authors' names and the year of publication;
3. Three or more authors: first author's name followed by "et al." and the year of publication.
Examples: "as demonstrated (Movahedi, 2017, 2017b). Ben-Tal et al. (2015) have recently shown ...."
List: References must be arranged alphabetically.
Reference to a journal publication:
Charnes, A. ,Copper, W.W.,& Rhodes,E.(1978). Measuring the efficiency of decision-making units. European Journal of Operational Research, 2, 429–444.
Reference to a book:
Fuare, R.,Grabowski, R.,& Grosskopf,S.(1985). The measurement of efficiency of production. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers
Reference to a chapter in an edited book:
Mettam, G.R., Adams, L.B., (1999). How to prepare an electronic version of your article, in: Jones, B.S., Smith , R.Z. (Eds.), Introduction to the Electronic Age. E-Publishing Inc., New York, pp. 281-304.
Only papers which have never been published in other journals and benefit from significant contributions will be considered.
The paper should not be under consideration of any other journal.
The authors may submit the paper files through the option of "Submit Manuscript" in the site of Journal of Industrial Strategic Management